New Jersey Resources
NEW JERSEY RESOURCES’ SHAREOWNERS RE-ELECT KENNY, TAYLOR AND TRICE TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS AT ANNUAL SHAREOWNERS MEETING01/25/2017 - For Immediate Release
FARMINGDALE, N.J. – New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR), today held its 64th Annual Meeting at Eagle Oaks Golf and Country Club in Farmingdale, New Jersey, where shareowners re-elected Jane M. Kenny, Sharon C. Taylor and David A. Trice to the company’s board of directors for new three-year terms.
“The leadership, expertise and diverse perspectives of our board of directors makes us a better, stronger company,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “Our consistent performance shows the confidence of our shareowners is well placed. Guided by the dedication of our more than 1,000 employees, we remain committed to rewarding that trust year after year.”
In other news, shareowners also approved a non-binding advisory resolution on the compensation of NJR’s named executive officers, as well as a non-binding advisory vote on the frequency of the shareowner vote to approve the compensation of the named executives. Additionally, shareowners approved the NJR 2017 Stock Award and Incentive Plan and ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as its independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2017.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,300 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of more than 276 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P., as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Michael Kinney, Media
Joanne Fairechio, Investors
Dennis Puma, Investors