New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS JOINS SUSTAINABLE JERSEY AND THE ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE FUND TO SUPPORT SUSTAINABLE ENERGY PROJECTS03/06/2017 - For Immediate Release
Wall, N.J. – New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) is pleased to join Sustainable Jersey and the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) to provide free technical assistance to school districts and municipalities in its service territory to implement sustainable energy projects. NJNG is sponsoring three EDF fellows, typically MBA or similar degree, who will be paired by Sustainable Jersey with participating districts and municipalities for a 10-week period during the summer of 2017. Sustainable Jersey will also provide guidance to the fellows and help them advise participating schools and municipalities about resources specific to New Jersey, as well as initiatives that earn points toward certification.
To be eligible, applicants must be located within NJNG’s service territory and registered with the Sustainable Jersey or Sustainable Jersey for Schools programs. Three to eight school districts or municipalities will be selected from the eligible submissions. Applications are due by midnight, April 14, 2017, and should be e-mailed to email@example.com. For more information, visit the Grants and Resources section of sustainablejersey.com.
In 2016, through this program and with the support of NJNG, Sustainable Jersey placed three EDF fellows to assist four municipalities, including Boonton Township, Howell Township, Manchester Township and Toms River Township, and four school districts serving Boonton, Brick, Howell and Mine Hill.
About Sustainable Jersey
Sustainable Jersey is a nonprofit organization that provides tools, training and financial incentives to support communities as they pursue sustainability programs. Currently, 78 percent, or 443 of New Jersey’s 565 municipalities are participating in the municipal certification program and 248 school districts and 600 schools are participating in the Sustainable Jersey for Schools certification program.
Sustainable Jersey’s partners include the New Jersey State League of Municipalities, Sustainability Institute at The College of New Jersey, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Clean Energy Program. Program underwriters include the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Clean Energy Program and the Surdna Foundation. The 2017 Sustainable Jersey Small Grants program for municipalities is funded by PSEG Foundation and the Gardinier Environmental Fund. South Jersey Gas and New Jersey Natural Gas are Platinum Sponsors. NJM Insurance Group is a Gold Sponsor, Bayshore Recycling and Investors Bank are a Silver Sponsors and our Bronze Sponsors are Covanta, JCP&L, Direct Energy Solar, SolarCity, and Sungevity.
Sustainable Jersey for Schools is underwritten by the New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA), the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Clean Energy Program, The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA). The 2017 Sustainable Jersey for Schools small grants program is funded by the PSEG Foundation, NJEA, the Gardinier Environmental Fund and the New Jersey Department of Health. Founding Sponsor contributors are South Jersey Gas, New Jersey Natural Gas and NJM Insurance Group. Bayer Foundation and Investors Bank are Silver Sponsors.
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-jersey
About EDF Climate Corps
EDF Climate Corps (edfclimatecorps.org) taps the talents of tomorrow’s leaders to save energy, money and the environment by placing specially trained EDF fellows in companies, cities and universities as dedicated energy problem solvers. Working with hundreds of leading organizations, EDF Climate Corps has uncovered nearly $1.4 billion in energy savings. For more information, visit edfclimatecorps.org. Read our blog at edfclimatecorps.org/blog. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/edfbiz and on Facebook at facebook.com/EDFClimateCorps.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,300 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of more than 276 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P., as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Michael Kinney, Media