New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS ENCOURAGES CUSTOMERS TO GIVE THEIR LUCK A TRY IN ITS ANNUAL ENERGY-EFFICIENCY SWEEPSTAKES04/13/2016 - For Immediate Release
WALL, N.J. – New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) is pleased to announce the return of its Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes. As part of Conserve to Preserve®, NJNG’s umbrella for environmental stewardship, the sweepstakes encourages customers (who are 18 years or older and reside within NJNG’s service territory) to test their energy-efficiency knowledge for a chance to win.
“This year’s sweepstakes is our most exciting yet. It will certainly bring out the competitive nature in our customers as they see how energy smart they are. Our Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes allows us to share no- to low-cost energy-saving tips with our customers in a fun and interactive way, while motivating them to make wise energy choices,” said Anne-Marie Peracchio, director of conservation and clean energy policy at New Jersey Natural Gas.
NJNG is giving away a total of $25,000 in prizes, including instant prizes and a $5,000 cash grand prize. This year’s Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes asks players to answer a series of energy-efficiency questions. For each question answered correctly, players earn the chance to win an instant prize as well as receive an entry for the grand prize giveaway. Moreover, correct answer streaks earn players bonus entries. And, when participants share NJNG’s Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes on Facebook and Twitter with friends and family – who are also NJNG customers – and someone registers and plays as a result, they will earn another entry.
The leaderboard tracks the progress of a respective player as well as compares how well they are doing to other customers playing the game. “It’s easy to get caught up in trying to beat your own winning streak. One wrong answer and you can lose your unsaved entries for the grand prize giveaway, but customers can play it safe and save their progress periodically so they do not lose their entries, Peracchio added. If players answer a question incorrectly, they lose all their sweepstake entries for that session and have to start over to earn more. NJNG reminds customers to click on the “Finish and Save My Entries” button (at the bottom of the page) along the way to save their progress and, thus the entries.
Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! runs from April 12 through June 30, 2016. Play daily for a chance to win a $100 Lowe’s® gift card instant prize and the $5,000 cash grand prize. Customers can play Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! from any mobile device. To get started, visit njng.com and click on Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! or go to njngwinprizes.com.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO CUSTOMERS OF NJNG ONLY AS OF APRIL 12, 2016, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion ends 06/30/16. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit http://www.njng.com. Sponsor: New Jersey Natural Gas Company, 1415 Wyckoff Road, Wall, NJ 07719.
Lowe’s is a registered trademark of LF, LLC. All rights reserved. LF, LLC is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
The sweepstakes is paid for from shareholder returns of NJNG’s parent company New Jersey Resources.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex, Sussex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 147 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 117,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its nearly 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Michael Kinney, Media