New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS RECOGNIZED AS A 2015 UTILITY CUSTOMER CHAMPION BY COGENT REPORTS™12/11/2015 - For Immediate Release
Wall, N.J. — New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR), was named a 2015 Utility Customer Champion by Cogent Reports in its Residential Utility Trusted Brand & Customer Engagement™ study for outstanding performance among the nation’s leading utilities. And, for the second year in a row, NJNG ranks highest in the East among natural gas utilities. Cogent Reports is a division of Market Strategies International.
The Cogent Reports announcement follows NJNG’s recognition earlier this year as a Most Trusted Brand and Environmental Champion, reinforcing the company’s commitment to quality, customer service and environmental initiatives, including encouraging green efforts and offering tools and resources to help customers make wise energy choices.
“The best brands are built on understanding the needs and interests of their customers and that holds true for NJNG,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Natural Gas. “Every day our customers rely on us to deliver safe, reliable service, provide them with the tools and resources they need to make wise energy choices and communicate effectively. We are honored our customers continue to value our efforts as a committed corporate partner in the communities we serve.”
The determination of “Utility Customer Champion” is based on Cogent Reports’ Engaged Customer Relationship (ECR) composite index score that takes into account separate measures for operational satisfaction, product experience and brand trust established from customer research. According to Chris Oberle, senior vice president at Market Strategies International, “Utilities that have successfully targeted customer segments based upon product offering needs have much higher customer satisfaction scoring.”
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex, Sussex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 147 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 117,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its nearly 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.
About Market Strategies International
Market Strategies International is a market research consultancy with deep expertise in consumer/retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, technology and telecommunications. The firm is ISO 20252 certified, reflecting its commitment to providing intelligent research, designed to the highest levels of accuracy, with meaningful results that help companies make confident business decisions. Market Strategies conducts qualitative and quantitative research in 75 countries, and its specialties include brand, communications, CX, product development, segmentation and syndicated. Its syndicated products, known as Cogent Reports, help clients understand the market environment, explore industry trends and monitor their brand and products within the competitive landscape. Founded in 1989, Market Strategies is one of the largest market research firms in the world, with offices in the US, Canada and China. Read Market Strategies’ blog at FreshMR, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Michael Kinney, Media