New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS HOLDS KIDS AND CONSERVATION POSTER AND VIDEO CONTESTS09/22/2015 - For Immediate Release
Wall, N.J. – New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) is holding its annual Conserve to Preserve® Kids and Conservation Poster and Video contests to get students thinking about saving energy and protecting the environment. The contests encourages students to use their creativity to highlight their energy-saving efforts and inspire new ideas. In addition, they have a chance to win prizes for themselves and their schools.
“The Kids and Conservation contests are open to students within NJNG’s service territory in Monmouth and Ocean counties, as well as parts of Morris, Middlesex, Burlington and Sussex counties, and are a great way to encourage our next generation of leaders to think about the positive impact smart energy decisions can have throughout their lives,” said Tom Hayes, director of Customer and Community Relations at New Jersey Natural Gas.
Now in its ninth year, the Kids and Conservation Poster Contest encourages fifth grade students to illustrate an NJNG energy-saving tip for a chance to win one of three tablets. Also, each winning student’s school will receive a $1,000 contribution toward an energy-conservation or environmental project and Brain Show student assembly, while his or her teacher receives a $100 gift card.*
The Kids and Conservation Video Contest encourages high school students (13 years and older) within NJNG’s service territory to showcase their energy-saving efforts and ideas in a video. Their submission should focus on natural gas conservation efforts, such as heating, water heating and cooking. Both individual and group/class projects are accepted.
The individual video winner will receive $500 and the winning group submission will receive $2,500.* Plus their school will receive a $1,000 contribution toward an energy-conservation or environmental project. Moreover, NJNG community partner the Asbury Park Press will feature the top videos on its Web site where the public will vote for the winner of a $500 Viewers’ Choice Award.
“These contests are a great way to engage students and schools in promoting conservation and provides the ground work for to establish a more energy-efficient learning environment,” Hayes stated.
The Kids and Conservation contest is an extension of NJNG’s Conserve to Preserve initiative, which provides customers with the tools and resources they need to make wise energy choices for the protection of the environment and natural resources. Visit the Kids and Conservation page of the Save Energy & Money section of www.njng.com for helpful resources that will encourage children to conserve today for a greener tomorrow.
Interested students (and schools) must register by October 15, 2015 with all poster and video entries submitted to NJNG no later than November 17, 2015. For more information, contact the NJNG contest coordinator at 732-938-1035 or email@example.com. NJNG will announce the winners in January 2016.
For full contest rules, terms and conditions visit the Save Energy & Money section of www.njng.com and click on Kids and Conservation.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Poster and video contests end November 17, 2015. Video contest open to high school students (13 and older) and poster contest open to fifth grade students within NJNG’s service territory. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. For complete rules visit the Save Energy & Money section of www.njng.com and click on Kids and Conservation.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 130 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and Dominion Midstream Partners, LP.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 117,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its nearly 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Renée Amellio, Media