New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS RANKS HIGHEST IN EASTERN U.S. REGION ON J.D. POWER ANNUAL GAS UTILITY RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION STUDY℠09/16/2015 - For Immediate Release
Wall, N.J. – New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) ranked highest in the eastern United States among large natural gas utilities, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Gas Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study.
“NJNG’s standing among peers is a culmination of the hard work and dedication of our employees, and indicative of NJNG’s efforts to enhance the customer experience,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO. “Furthermore, this is a tremendous accomplishment and well-deserved recognition for our men and women who strive to deliver on our promise of safe, reliable service to our customers – everyday.”
The annual study measures residential customers’ satisfaction with billing and payment, price, corporate citizenship, communications, customer service and field service. NJNG achieved an overall score of 686, well above the regional average of 658.
The Gas Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study, published for the past 14 years, measures customer satisfaction among the 83 largest U.S. natural gas utility providers in the country. These results are based on more than 66,000 responses collected online over four quarterly fielding periods from September 2014 through July 2015. For more information on the J.D. Power study, visit jdpower.com.
About J.D. Power
J.D. Power is a global marketing information services company providing performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company’s quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power has offices in North/South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power is a business unit of McGraw Hill Financial.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 130 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 117,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its nearly 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
For more information about NJR:
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.
Mike Kinney, Media
Joanne Fairechio, Investors
Dennis Puma, Investors