New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS ANNOUNCES GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF SAVE ENERGY. $AVE MONEY. WIN PRIZES! SWEEPSTAKES03/12/2015 - For Immediate Release
Wall, NJ -- New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) announced the winner of its fifth annual Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes, which encourages customers to give their luck a try while getting practical energy-efficient tips they can use throughout the home. Recently, NJNG gave away a total of more than $30,000 in prizes to 49 lucky winners, including $5,000 to one lucky grand prize winner and $5,000 to a local school or community organization of her choice.
Allia Ranna, mother of two from Marlboro Township, was surprised to receive a phone call from NJNG a few days before Christmas letting her know she was the grand prize winner. Allia participated in the sweepstakes after reading about it in NJNG’s monthly E-Tips, a free e-newsletter featuring seasonal energy-saving tips; news about rebates, incentives and special offers; links to energy-efficiency programs; updates on available resources and more. To register for E-Tips go to the Save Energy & Money tab at njng.com and click E-Tips.
Allia was equally thrilled to support a community organization, selecting The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties to receive the $5,000 donation. Linda Keenan, director of development of the FoodBank, said, “The money will go a long way in supporting the organization’s mission of alleviating hunger and building food security in our communities.” Every $1 donated provides three meals. “We are grateful to Allia and New Jersey Natural Gas for their commitment in the fight to end hunger. With this $5,000 donation we can provide 15,000 meals to families in need throughout Monmouth and Ocean counties.”
Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! connects NJNG customers with the tools and resources to save energy and money. “This past year more than 4,600 participants played, receiving practical tips on how to save money on their energy bills. On top of that they received information on great programs to help make energy-efficient investments more affordable,” said Anne-Marie Peracchio, director of conservation and clean energy policy at NJNG. Since players averaged more than three visits during the 2014 sweepstakes, they were exposed to a total of nearly 15,000 energy-saving tips.
To get energy-saving tips and learn about energy-efficiency rebates and incentives go to the Save Energy & Money tab at njng.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 125 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, both of which are Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC-regulated investments.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 118,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its more than 950 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad and iPhone.
Renée Amellio, Media