New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS REMINDS CUSTOMERS DEADLINE APPROACHING FOR HELP WITH WINTER HEATING BILLS06/19/2014 - For Immediate Release
Wall, N.J. - New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) reminds customers the application deadline for emergency energy assistance under the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is coming to an end June 30, 2014. Eligible Customers can apply for LIHEAP assistance and emergency LIHEAP energy benefits to help pay their energy bills.
LIHEAP is a federally funded program administered through the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs, which helps pay heating costs and, in some circumstances, medically necessary cooling expenses. The initial application period for the program was set to expire April 30, 2014, but the federal government released contingency funding due to an extremely cold winter and higher energy bills.
“Unfortunately, customers are still feeling the financial burden placed on them due to the higher energy bills from this past winter’s arctic temperatures. The extension is a welcome relief for customers who require help paying their energy bills,” says Kathleen Kerr, vice president of customer services. The program is implemented through a state-designated agency and applications are evaluated based on household size and income. To download an application, and get a list of eligibility requirements or the nearest application sites near you, visit njng.com and go to the Trouble Paying Your Bills quicklink.
LIHEAP applicants are automatically screened for the state-sponsored Universal Service Fund (USF), designed to help make energy bills more affordable for income-eligible households, providing credits on monthly natural gas and/or electricity bills. If you are experiencing unanticipated financial hardship, and do not qualify for limited-income energy assistance programs, other help is available. To find out which energy assistance programs you may qualify for, contact our energy assistance professionals at email@example.com or 800-221-0051.
As a next step, NJNG customers can even out the seasonal highs and lows of their natural gas bills by spreading the estimated annual costs evenly over 12 months with NJNG’s Budget Plan. To sign up, log in to My Account at njng.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 62 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, both of which are Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC-regulated investments.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 120,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its more than 900 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad and iPhone.
Renée Amellio, Media