New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS’ CONSERVE TO PRESERVE COMMUNITY REWARDS PROVIDES FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOOLS01/31/2014 - For Immediate Release
Wall, NJ -- New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) announces the re-launch of its Conserve to Preserve Community Rewards program, a unique fundraising opportunity for schools to raise money while encouraging their supporters and community members to take the next step toward energy efficiency.
Designed to complement the NJNG Conserve to Preserve (CTP) Dashboard, CTP Community Rewards provides the chance for schools to earn up to $5,000. Moreover, there is no purchase necessary to support a school’s efforts as is typically required of most fundraisers. The CTP Dashboard is a free online home-energy assessment tool that helps customers reduce their energy bills through simple behavioral changes or investments in home energy-efficiency improvements. By answering brief questions about their homes’ energy usage, customers receive a customized action plan that contains helpful energy-saving recommendations, including information about a comprehensive whole-house energy audit.
NJNG will donate $5 to a participating school for each NJNG customer who successfully completes the CTP Dashboard and designates the school. Plus, through a new Community Rewards feature, NJNG will reward a school with a $25 bonus for each person who completes the CTP Dashboard, designates the school and pays to have a whole-house audit performed by an NJNG auditor. Income-eligible customers may qualify to have this audit performed at no cost. Through a whole-house audit, customers can identify potential energy-saving opportunities and may be able to access up to $15,000 in financial incentives for home energy-efficiency improvements.
“It’s a win-win situation for both the schools and their supporters,” stressed Anne-Marie Peracchio, director of conservation and energy policy at New Jersey Natural Gas. “We are focused on those things that mean the most to our customers, and that includes education and the environment.”
The CTP Community Rewards fundraising opportunity is open to schools within NJNG’s service area. Schools are encouraged to participate and have until February 20, 2014 to register for the upcoming fundraising session, which begins March 1, 2014.
For more information, including complete terms and conditions, go to the Save Energy & Money section of njng.com and click on Conserve to Preserve® and then Conserve to Preserve Community Rewards. To register, contact NJNG’s CTP Community Rewards team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-378-4926.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $2 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve approximately half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 56 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, both of which are Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC-regulated investments.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 120,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its more than 900 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad and iPhone.
Renée Amellio, Media