New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS LAUNCHES NEW AND IMPROVED CONSERVE TO PRESERVE DASHBOARD10/01/2013 - For Immediate Release
Wall, NJ – New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) residential customers who are looking for ways to save money on their energy bills can do just that with the convenience of NJNG’s new and improved online home energy assessment, Conserve to Preserve (CTP) Dashboard. Now more user friendly, this energy-savvy tool offers a FREE home energy profile designed to help customers easily identify how to make their homes more energy-efficient and learn about energy-efficiency rebates and incentives.
“Today, our customers want to save energy and money and the CTP Dashboard is a valuable tool that provides them with energy-saving recommendations specific to their homes,” said Anne-Marie Peracchio, director of conservation and energy policy at NJNG. “In fact, the CTP Dashboard can help reduce energy bills through simple behavioral changes or investments in home energy-efficiency improvements.”
Customers can access the CTP Dashboard by visiting Save Energy & Money at njng.com and then clicking on Conserve to Preserve® or they can look for the icon on NJNG’s My Account portal.
Simple to use, customers answer a few questions about their individual homes to create an energy profile that provides a comparison of their respective homes to nearby homes with similar features along with a customized action plan that contains helpful energy-saving tips. A home energy profile includes:
- easy-to-read graphs about a home’s energy use
- customized recommendations on how to conserve energy and reduce utility bills
- information on current state and NJNG energy-efficiency incentive programs
To encourage customers to take the first step toward energy efficiency and test drive the improved CTP Dashboard, NJNG is giving away $27,000 in prizes, including a $10,000 home energy makeover and Nest Learning Thermostats®, as part of its third annual Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes. After trying the CTP Dashboard, customers must complete and submit the home energy profile form, and include a valid NJNG account number, to register for the Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! sweepstakes. The home energy profile form can be accessed under the Next Steps section of the customized action plan after completing the CTP Dashboard online home energy assessment.
Community organizations within NJNG’s service territory also have a chance to win one of five $2,000 cash prizes by encouraging their members to try the CTP Dashboard. To ensure that an organization receives a sweepstakes entry, simply enter the name of the organization on the home energy profile form where indicated. The more sweepstakes entries the organization receives the greater its chances of winning.
Visit njng.com and click on the Save Energy. $ave Money. Win Prizes! slider image to get started.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY; Sweepstakes ends at midnight New Jersey time December 8, 2013; Sweepstakes open only to customers of NJNG who are legal residents of the State of New Jersey, at least 18 years of age and who have an active NJNG account on the date of the Sweepstakes entry submission. Employees, directors and officers of NJNG, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as their immediate families and household members are not eligible; Complete rules are available at www.njng.com/save-energy-money/ctp/index.asp. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Nest®, Nest Learning Thermostat™, Nest Leaf™, Airwave™, Auto-Away™ and the Nest logo are trademarks or servicemarks of Nest Labs, Inc.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and renewable energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $2 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve approximately half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures is a clean energy company that invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 47 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- Midstream Assets invests and maintains an equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, and serves companies from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers.
- NJR Home Services is a provider of heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to nearly 130,000 residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 900 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad and iPhone.
Renée Amellio, Media