New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS HOLDS ENERGY ASSISTANCE DAYS08/30/2013 - For Immediate Release
WALL, N.J. – Energy costs can add a significant burden to family budgets. Whether a family or individual is on a limited income or faced with unanticipated financial hardship, there are energy-assistance and home energy-improvement programs available.
Through September, New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) will host its annual Energy Assistance Days in communities throughout Monmouth, Ocean and Morris Counties. Here, representatives from NJNG and state-designated agencies will team with community members to determine which programs best fit their needs and assist with the application process. To qualify and apply for energy-assistance programs, participants are asked to provide proof of identification, proof of income, proof of home ownership or rental agreement and recent copies of energy bills.
On October 1, 2013, the federally funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will begin accepting applications for the 2013-2014 heating season. LIHEAP and the state’s Universal Service Fund (USF) are designed to help income-eligible families and individuals meet home heating and medically necessary cooling costs. Moreover, NJNG’s Gift of Warmth fund along with the state-sponsored Temporary Relief for Utility Expenses and NJ SHARES programs provide energy assistance to households that exceed LIHEAP and USF income thresholds but are experiencing temporary or unanticipated financial hardship. Households also may qualify for other energy assistance or home energy-improvement programs that help reduce energy costs.
Attend one of the upcoming Energy Assistance Days and learn how to manage your energy bills and prepare yourself or a loved one for the winter season. For more information or to connect with NJNG’s energy assistance specialists, call 800-221-0051 or e-mail email@example.com.
September 11, 2013 - Long Branch
10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Long Branch Library
|September 12, 2013 - Asbury Park
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
One Municipal Plaza
September 24, 2013 – Dover
September 13, 2013 – Keansburg
|September 17, 2013 – Keyport
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Visiting Nurse Association
35 Broad Street
September 9, 2013 – Lakewood
|September 20, 2013 – Neptune
10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Monmouth County Connection
3544 State Highway 66
September 10, 2013 – Brick
|September 26, 2013 – Howell
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
4567 Rte. 9 North
September 25, 2012 – Long Beach Island
|September 27, 2013 – Eatontown
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
SCAN Adult Education Center at Monmouth Mall
180 Highway 35 South
In addition, NJNG offers free energy assistance presentations to community organizations. To reserve your date, please contact NJNG’s energy assistance department at 732-938-1035 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is available at njng.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and renewable energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $2 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve approximately half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures is a clean energy company that invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 47 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Home Services is a provider of heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to nearly 130,000 residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey.
- NJR Energy Holdings (Midstream Investments) invests and maintains an equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, and serves companies from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers.
NJR and its more than 900 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad and iPhone.
Renée Amellio, Media