New Jersey Natural Gas
NEW JERSEY NATURAL GAS LAUNCHES LOVE TO $AVE. LOVE THE SHORE. CAMPAIGN03/07/2013 - For Immediate Release
In support of the state’s “Show Your Love for the Jersey Shore” initiative, New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) wants to help promote the Shore is open for business with its Love to $ave. Love the Shore. campaign. This latest NJNG Conserve to Preserve® effort promotes locally owned businesses affected by Superstorm Sandy that are now open for business. Moreover, it encourages customers to support these businesses and follow simple energy-saving tips that will help them save energy and money; in turn, they will have extra money to spend in those communities hardest hit by Superstorm Sandy. And they will have a chance to win prizes.*
Through its Love to $ave. Love the Shore. campaign, NJNG customers can nominate one of their favorite community establishments impacted by Sandy that is now serving customers and explain in 100 words or less why it should be an NJNG Business of the Day. Nominations can be sent to LovetheShore@njng.com.
Then, every day starting April 1, 2013 through May 31, 2013, NJNG will select two establishments as Business of the Day. These selected businesses, along with an energy-saving tip of the day, will be featured on NJNG’s Facebook page – facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
And to help promote the Shore is Open for Business, every day during the campaign, NJNG will give two prize winners each a $100 gift certificate to spend at one of the locally owned businesses that was featured as a Business of the Day, totaling $12,200 in prizes. Customers who “like” NJNG’s Facebook page and learn about the featured businesses and energy-savings tips can enter for a chance to win.*
“It is important that we pull together as a community to support those establishments hardest hit and help them get back on their feet. We encourage our customers to follow these simple energy–savings tips that will help them save energy and money. In the end, the money customers save can be used to show they Love the Shore,” Anne-Marie Peracchio, director of conservation and energy policy at New Jersey Natural Gas, emphasized.
NJNG customers are encouraged to show their love for the Jersey shore. Nominate a local Business of the Day. Then, starting April 1, “like” NJNG on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas and click on the Love the Shore promotion tab on NJNG’s Facebook timeline to access the registration form. (The promotion is only open to NJNG customers who are 18 years and older.)
For complete rules go to the Community tab at njresources.com and click on Love to $ave. Love the Shore.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes ends at 4 p.m. New Jersey time May 31, 2013. Sweepstakes open only to customers of NJNG who are legal residents of the State of New Jersey, at least 18 years of age and who have an active NJNG account on the date of the Sweepstakes entry submission. Employees, directors and officers of NJNG, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as their immediate families and household members are not eligible. Complete rules are available at njresources.com/community. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and renewable energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five key businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve approximately half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures is a leading renewable energy company that invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity in excess of 42 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Home Services is a premier provider of heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to nearly 135,000 residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey.
• NJR Energy Holdings invests and maintains equity ownership in natural gas storage and transportation pipelines and serves companies from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers.
NJR and its more than 900 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us at facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad.
Renée Amellio, Media