A Brighter VISION for Our Communities
NJNG’s spirited sense of community is supported by our Volunteers Inspiring Service in Our Neighborhoods (VISION) program, which gives employees the opportunity to create change in fundamental ways. Our employees and retirees, with the help of their families and friends, give generously of their time to support various community projects. Each year, our team of volunteers contributes more than 5,000 hours at nearly 50 community events — making a difference. These activities include:
- Assisting in rebuilding efforts to get families back into their homes in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy
- Fundraising for the American Heart Association, American Cancer Society and March of Dimes
- Cleaning up local beaches and holding environmental and marine programs at Ocean Fun Days
- Packing food boxes for the less fortunate, and holiday caroling for the senior community
- Serving meals at Lunch Break and for members of the NJ Blind Citizens Association
NJNG also encourages students in our communities to participate in VISION events. Student activities include letter-writing campaigns to our troops and beautification projects at local parks and beaches.
If your nonprofit organization needs a hand with an event or a project, contact us at 732-938-1074 or e-mail us. All requests will be reviewed for consideration.